Mission & Value Statement
Every member of the Pearland Police Department is committed to providing the highest level of police service to our community. We are dedicated to preserving our community's peace while adhering to the highest level of ethical standards and professional conduct. As service providers, we pledge to improve the quality of life for everyone who lives, works, and does business in our community. Being a partner with the community we serve is essential to building trust and mutual respect. These partnerships allow us to understand the community's concerns and enable us to identify and solve problems together.
Working Together for a Safe Community: Members of the Pearland Police Department are dedicated to the community we serve and to our fellow employees. We believe in and are committed to the following values:
- Honesty and Integrity - We will consistently perform and behave in such a way that we exemplify the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics and are recognized for our commitment to ethical conduct and high professional standards
- Communication - Honest, frequent interaction is the basis for establishing good working relationships and critical for team building. We will promote good communications among employees by:
- Creating and maintaining an environment which fosters loyalty and openness in sharing thoughts and ideas
- Listening to others when they talk
- Being approachable and sensitive to changing demographics
- Encouraging each other to extend this relationship to the community, enabling us to better communicate with those we serve.